|Date:||Sunday, November 17|
|Start Time:||6:57 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
7:00 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
|Start Location:||22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway|
|Entry Fee:||$60First 1,000
$75Through April 30
$85May 1 - May 31
$95June 1 - June 30
$115July 1 - November 1 or when registration reaches capacity
It's half the Marathon, with all the triumph!
Have the best time of your life completing 13.1 challenging miles that wind through Philadelphia’s most scenic and historic neighborhoods. From the history-steeped streets of Old City, through one of the liveliest stretches of Center City, across the Schuylkill and through the campuses of University City, up through the bucolic trails of Fairmount Park, and back down to canvas the banks of the river. The course is also sanctioned by USA Track & Field.
The Half Marathon was added to Race Weekend in 2006 and has seen an increase in runners every year since. Whether as a test-run for first-time marathoners or as a challenging race along a scenic route, the Half Marathon has given thousands of runners the opportunity to take on the GORE-TEX® Philadelphia Marathon on their own terms.
- Download Half Marathon Certified Map »
- Download Half Marathon Course Map »
- Download Elevation Chart »
- Download Marathon/Half Marathon Split »
- Download Corral Map »
- Download Security Map »
- Download Start/Finish Area Map »
- Participants must follow and stay on the course.
- Unofficial entrants are not permitted on the course.
- Only runners, walkers and push-rim or handcycle wheelchairs are allowed on the course. All chairs must be equipped with brakes, and wheelchair competitors must wear helmets and attach a fluorescent flag (orange preferred) to the back of the chair, 6 feet high from the ground.
- No participants going backwards, animals, bicycles, baby strollers, baby joggers, roller skates, scooters or skateboards are allowed.
- All participants must maintain at least a 16-minute per mile pace throughout the course.
- Bib numbers must be worn on the front of your shirt at all times, secured at all four corners.
- Participants agree to follow the instructions of the race, medical and police officials.
PRIZE MONEY & AWARDS (MEN'S AND WOMEN'S AWARDS)
- 1st place: $2,500
- 2nd place: $1,000
- 3rd place: $500
- 4th place: $350
- 5th place: $250
- 1st place Master: $500
- 1st place Wheelchair: $500
- Course record bonus: $1,000
All Half Marathoners Will Receive
- A technical shirt (women’s cut available!)
- Post-race refreshments
All Finishers Will Receive
- A finisher medal
- A finisher certificate (available online following the race)
AGE GROUP AWARDS
The top five male and female finishers in each age group below will receive awards for their performance.
- 14 to 19
- 20 to 24
- 25 to 29
- 30 to 34
- 35 to 39
- 40 to 44
- 45 to 49
- 50 to 54
- 55 to 59
- 60 to 64
- 65 to 69
- 70 & Over