|Date:||Sunday, November 23|
|Start Time:||6:57 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
7:00 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
|Start Location:||22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway|
|Entry Fee:||$85First 1,000
$105Through April 30
$115May 1 - May 31
$125June 1 - June 30
$145July 1 - November 1 or when registration reaches capacity
In Philadelphia, we redefine the experience of what a marathon should be. A beautiful course, an engaging atmosphere—it’s no wonder we're consistently listed among the top ten courses in the country, recognized for our flat terrain, mellow weather and spirited fans.
Expect beautiful views through Fairmount Park and along the Schuylkill River and neighborhood crowds gathering on sidewalks in University City and Manayunk. Weave through the well-traveled streets of our historic district, passing sights familiar to Franklin, Washington and the rest of the gang, and end your race speeding towards the steps of the majestic Art Museum.
Digital splits are provided at the 10K, 13.1 mile and 30K marks along the course, and fluid stations and spectator overlooks are set up throughout the course.
Oh, that’s another thing: the fans. You'd better get ready for the crowds, because each year, thousands of spectators line the course eager to cheer on runners. There's nothing we love more in this town than a champion...all 30,000 of them.
- Download Marathon Certified Map »
- Download Marathon Course Map »
- Download Elevation Chart »
- Download Marathon/Half Marathon Split »
- Participants must follow and stay on the course.
- Unofficial entrants are not permitted on the course.
- Only runners, walkers and push-rim or handcycle wheelchairs are allowed on the course. All chairs must be equipped with brakes, and wheelchair competitors must wear helmets and attach a fluorescent flag (orange preferred) to the back of the chair, 6 feet high from the ground.
- No participants going backwards, animals, bicycles, baby strollers, baby joggers, roller skates, scooters or skateboards are allowed.
- All participants must maintain at least a 16-minute per mile pace throughout the course.
- Bib numbers must be worn on the front of your shirt at all times, secured at all four corners.
- Participants agree to follow the instructions of the race, medical and police officials.
All Marathoners Will Receive
- A technical shirt (women’s cut available!)
- Post-race refreshments
All Finishers Will Receive
- A finisher medal
- A finisher certificate (available online following the race)
AGE GROUP AWARDS
The top five male and female finishers in each age group will receive awards for their performance.
- 12 to 15
- 16 to 19
- 20 to 24
- 25 to 29
- 30 to 34
- 35 to 39
- 40 to 44
- 45 to 49
- 50 to 54
- 55 to 59
- 60 to 64
- 65 to 69
- 70 & Over