Application Process & Registration
Any registered runner can join his/her organization’s Comcast Business Corporate Challenge team after signing up.
- Sign into your account at runsignup.com by clicking on the little face in the circle (upper right of screen).
-> First time, choose SIGN IN. The system can remind you of your information if you have forgotten it.
-> Second time, choose PROFILE.
- Scroll down to UPCOMING EVENTS to find your Philadelphia Marathon Weekend event and click to MANAGE REGISTRATION (on the right)
- On the next screen, choose QUESTIONS from the options at the top (or bottom) of the screen.
- Scroll down to the question about the Comcast Corporate Challenge (near bottom) and select your organization from the pull-down list.
QUESTION: How do I change my Event, t-shirt size, estimated finish time and/or my responses to the registration questions?
- Go to runsignup.com
- Click on the little circle in the upper right twice:
- First time: choose SIGN IN. The system can help you sign in if you have forgotten your information
- Second time: choose PROFILE
- Scroll down to UPCOMING EVENTS to find your Philadelphia Marathon Weekend event and click on MANAGE REGISTRATION, found on the right.
- On the next screen, choose from the options at the top (or bottom) of the screen:
- TRANSFER EVENT: follow the on-screen instructions to move to a new event
- QUESTIONS: is chosen to change estimated finish time, t-shirt size, join the Comcast Corporate Challenge, etc.
Please note that the opportunity to make most registration changes will expire at midnight on Monday, September 30. Transfers into longer events will remain open until midnight on November 17.
Yes. Contact email@example.com for the 2019 mail-in registration form. There is a processing fee for a paper entry.
Click here to confirm your registration.
You can go in to your account and upgrade
If you have not registered yet, the VIP package is available as an add-on during registration.
If you have already registered, you can upgrade your existing registration. Log in to your account and go to ADD-ONS tab at the top to add the VIP package.
We at the Philadelphia Marathon very much value the integrity of our results and work closely with the Boston Marathon on verifying qualifying runner times. We do everything in our power to verify and get them correct. With that said, no system is perfect. Day of results are just that and any updating or adjusting is done post race, and held in our data base. Unfortunately, we can not update the day of results ongoing due to the amount of races timed per year.
On average the Philadelphia Marathon Weekend has around 24,000 finishers. In 2019, timing showed us missing 4 runners, 3 of which we corrected shortly after the event, but this report didn’t update in the results dashboard.
Here’s some general info information that is not on the results site:
Of those 24000 runners. We immediately caught and corrected
- 453 people drop down to the Half that were assigned to the Marathon.
- 8197 people that started in the wrong wave and gave them their correct time based on their correct start wave so that we didn’t have to DQ them
- 147 people that cut the course, mostly because they were tired or injured and not trying to cheat. We don’t embarrass people we try and help.
- 93 People that didn’t hit the turn-around in Manayunk but finished the race. We have a split that we don’t report there.
We may not get everything 100% but we do our best to be a 100% in all that we do. We want everyone to have a great experience at our event. We look forward to seeing you next year. Have a great upcoming 2019 running season.
- 21st St. & Benjamin Franklin Parkway (north and south sides)
- 24th St. & Park Towne Place
- Kelly Drive & Pennsylvania Avenue
- 23rd St. & Pennsylvania Avenue
- MLK Drive & Benjamin Franklin Parkway
The race Start/Finish area between 21st & 25th Sts on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway will be a secure zone. Everyone will be screened in order to enter the Start/Finish area.
- Arrive early so you have time to get through security- entrances open at 5 a.m.
- Plan ahead, allowing time to get through designated entry checkpoints.
- All runners should have bibs visible and fastened on the chest front of your attire.
- All bags are subject to inspection.
- Only clear plastic participant bags will be accepted at Gear Check.
- Runners should arrive with the event-issued gear check tag (top of bib tear-off strip) affixed to their bags.
- The start of the race will not be delayed due to lines at security checkpoints
- Weapons and contraband of any kind (regardless of permitting). This will include firearms, knives, pepper spray, etc. NOTE: Right-to-Carry permits will not be honored and weapons will not be permitted into the venue.
- Fireworks (includes flammable liquids, fuels or explosives)
- Bulky items or packages larger than 12”x12”x6”
- Containers (glass, aluminum or otherwise) that can hold more than 1 liter of liquid. (Water bottles are permitted).
- Illegal drugs or illicit substances of any kind
- Bicycles or scooters (bikes/scooters may be parked outside the venue, in the protected Bike Valet zone on River Field, 24th Street & south side of Eakins Oval – Checkpoint #4)
- Masks of any kind (except religious headwear)
- Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS/Drones)
- Selfie sticks
- Animals or reptiles (dogs and cats are permitted)
- Large blankets, comforters or sleeping bags
- Props (includes flagpoles, military or fire gear, sporting equipment or other hard objects)
- Backpacks, handbags or shoulder bags of any kind (clear plastic participant bags are permitted)
- Action cameras
Hydration stations will be set up at the race start and finish, as well as throughout the length of the course.
All hydration stations will have Gatorade Endurance Formula at the first set of tables and water at the next set of tables. The lemon-lime flavored Gatorade Endurance Formula will be served in green colored cups.
Saturday, November 23– Rothman Orthopaedics 8K
- Martin Luther King, Jr. 7 Drive near Black Road
- Finish Line
Saturday, November 23 – Dietz & Watson Half Marathon
- Pre-race water – Eakins Oval
- Columbus Blvd. & Race Street
- Columbus Blvd. & Washington Ave. - Mile 4.1
- Juniper and Walnut
- 33rd & Market Streets - Mile 7.8
- Reservoir Drive (Smith Memorial Playground)
- Disabled Rowers Boathouse (MLK Drive) - Mile 11.1
- Kelly Drive & Sedgely Drive – Mile 12.6
Sunday, November 24 – AACR Philadelphia Marathon
- Pre-race water - Eakins Oval
- Columbus Boulevard & Race Street - Mile 2.2
- Columbus Boulevard near Christian Street - Mile 3.4
- 6th & Walnut Streets - Mile 5.1
- 31st & Chestnut Streets - Mile 7.1
- 34th Street & Fairmount Avenue - Mile 8.3
- Avenue of the Republic - Mile 9.8
- Disabled Rowers' Boathouse, Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive & Black Road - Mile 11.9
- Kelly Drive & Sedgley Avenue - Miles 14.4 & 25.7
- Kelly Drive & Fountain Green - Miles 15.5 & 24.6
- Kelly Drive & Ferry Street - Miles 17.8 & 22.3
- Main Street & Ridge Avenue - Miles 18.7 & 21.3
- Main & Cotton Streets, Winnie's LeBus - Miles 19.8 & 20.2
- Finish Line, Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Dietz & Watson Half Marathon: Between mile 9 and 10.
- AACR Philadelphia Marathon: At mile 10 and again between miles 18 and 22.
- The gels will be in apple pear, blackberry, vanilla and mango flavors.
- The gels are available for purchase at retail outlets.
Please view the shuttle pickup page for more information.
One of the things that makes Philadelphia great is its unique neighborhoods. Information on tours and itineraries are available at www.visitphilly.com. For those who prefer to travel on their own, contact SEPTA, the city's public transportation system at (215) 580-7800 or check out schedules at www.septa.org.
For Spectators, Press, Vendors and Shoppers
Click here for more information on how to become a vendor or exhibitor at the Health & Fitness Expo.