Dietz & Watson Half Marathon Information
It's Half the Marathon, with all the triumph!
In 2017 the Philadelphia Marathon Team created a new course for the Half Marathon with almost ten miles in the city. This new course takes runners through most of the same historic areas and iconic neighborhoods that Philadelphia has to offer. The new Half Marathon course is the most unique and exciting Half Marathon course in the city.
Have the time of your life in 2019 completing 13.1 challenging miles that wind through Philadelphia’s most scenic and historic neighborhoods. From the history-steeped streets of Old City, through one of the liveliest stretches of Center City, across the Schuylkill, up through the bucolic trails of Fairmount Park, and back down to canvas the banks of the river. The course is also sanctioned by USA Track & Field.
The Half Marathon was added to Race Weekend in 2006 and has seen an increase in runners every year since. Whether as a test-run for first-time marathoners or as a challenging race along a scenic course, the Dietz & Watson Half Marathon has given thousands of runners the opportunity to take on the AACR Philadelphia Marathon on their own terms.
Be sure to sign up for our VIP package during registration - it includes private restrooms, changing tents, bag checks, and more!
- VIP packet pick-up area at expo
- Private heated hospitality tent near the start/finish of race
- Pre-race breakfast: Continental light fare to include but not limited to: assorted bagels, muffins, toast, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices
- Post-race brunch with select open bar (must be 21 years old with proper ID)
- Private restrooms, changing tents and bag check
- Recovery zone including padded stretching area with padded mats, self-treatment area, first aid station and massage
- Finishers merchandise and marathon weekend commemorative items for sale
Already registered and want to upgrade? It's not too late! Click here to upgrade.
1st Place: $2,500
2nd Place: $1,000
3rd Place: $500
4th Place: $250
5th Place: $100
1st Place Master: $500
1st Place Wheelchair: $500
Course Record Bonus: $1,000
Age Group Awards
The top five male and female finishers in each age group will receive awards for their performance.
Age group increments are: (14 to 19, 20 to 24, 25 to 29, 30 to 34, 35 to 39, 40 to 44, 45 to 49, 50 to 54, 55 to 59, 60 to 64, 65 to 69, 70 to 74, 75 to 79, 80+)
Half Marathoners Will Receive
A technical shirt (women’s cut available)
Finishers Will Receive
A finisher medal
A finisher certificate (available
online following race)
*Maps subject to change