AACR Philadelphia Marathon Information
In Philadelphia, we redefine the experience of what a marathon should be. A beautiful, fast and scenic course, an engaging atmosphere—it’s no wonder we're consistently listed among the top ten marathons in the country, recognized for our flat terrain, mellow weather and spirited fans.
Expect beautiful views through Fairmount Park and along the Schuylkill River and neighborhood crowds gathering on sidewalks in University City and Manayunk. Weave through the well-traveled streets of our historic district, passing sights familiar to Franklin, Washington and the rest of the gang, and end your race speeding towards the steps of the majestic Art Museum.
Digital splits are provided at the 10K, 13.1 mile and 30K marks along the course, and fluid stations and spectator overlooks are set up throughout the course.
Oh, that’s another thing: the fans. You'd better get ready for the crowds, because each year, thousands of spectators line the course eager to cheer on runners. There's nothing we love more in this town than a champion...all 30,000 of them.
Be sure to sign up for our VIP package during registration - it includes private restrooms, changing tents, bag checks, and more!
- VIP packet pick-up area at expo
- Private heated hospitality tent near the start/finish of race
- Pre-race breakfast: Continental light fare to include but not limited to: assorted bagels, muffins, toast, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices
- Post-race brunch with select open bar (must be 21 years old with proper ID)
- Private restrooms, changing tents and bag check
- Recovery zone including padded stretching area with padded mats, self-treatment area, first aid station and massage
- Finishers merchandise and marathon weekend commemorative items for sale
Already registered and want to upgrade? It's not too late! Click here to upgrade.
1st Place: $10,000
2nd Place: $5,000
3rd Place: $2,500
4th Place: $1,500
5th Place: $1,000
1st Place Master: $1,000
1st Place Wheelchair: $1,000
1st Philadelphian: $1,000
Course Record Bonus: $1,500
Age Group Awards
The top five male and female finishers in each age group will receive awards for their performance.
Age group increments are: (16 to 19, 20 to 24, 25 to 29, 30 to 34, 35 to 39, 40 to 44, 45 to 49, 50 to 54, 55 to 59, 60 to 64, 65 to 69, 70 to 74, 75 to 79, 80+)
Marathoners Will Receive
A technical shirt (women’s cut available)
Finishers Will Receive
A finisher medal
A finisher certificate (available
online following the race)
*Maps subject to change