The Freedom Challenge
This is the ultimate fitness challenge!
Make sure you bring extra pairs of running shoes because you be running all weekend long. Start with the Dietz & Watson Half Marathon early Saturday morning, and keep it rolling in the Rothman Orthopaedics 8K a few hours later.
Then on Sunday compete in the AACR Philadelphia Marathon.
Forget about seeing the sights – you won’t have the time! This is certainly not for the faint of heart, but if you finish all three races you will earn the prestigious Freedom Challenge Medal.
Be sure to sign up for our VIP package during registration - it includes private restrooms, changing tents, bag checks, and more!
- VIP packet pick-up area at expo
- Private heated hospitality tent near the start/finish of race
- Pre-race breakfast: Continental light fare to include but not limited to: assorted bagels, muffins, toast, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices
- Post-race brunch with select open bar (must be 21 years old with proper ID)
- Private restrooms, changing tents and bag check
- Recovery zone including padded stretching area with padded mats, self-treatment area, first aid station and massage
- Finishers merchandise and marathon weekend commemorative items for sale
Already registered and want to upgrade? It's not too late! Click here to upgrade(login to Run Sign Up and go to ADD-ONS to add the VIP package to your existing registration).
Dates and Start Times
Dietz & Watson Half Marathon
Sat, Nov 23, 2019
7:27 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
7:30 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
Rothman Orthopaedics 8K
Sat, Nov 23, 2019
10:40 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
10:45 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
AACR Philadelphia Marathon
Sun, Nov 24, 2019
6:55 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
7:00 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art
Finishers Will Receive
In addition to the give-aways from each race, each finisher will receive the prestigious Freedom Challenge Medal.
*Maps subject to change