The Independence Challenge
Start off with the Rothman Institute 8K Run as a Saturday warm up for the AACR Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday.
The Rothman Institute 8k begins on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway by the Philadelphia Art Museum and takes you down the picturesque landscape of Martin Luther King Drive. If you like river views, you won’t want to miss this race along the Schuylkill River.
On Sunday even more of our beautiful city will emerge when you run the AACR Philadelphia Marathon through the Historic District. When you complete both events you will have earned the Independence Challenge Medal.
Be sure to sign up for our VIP package during registration - it includes private restrooms, changing tents, bag checks, and more!
- VIP packet pick-up area at expo
- VIP parking discounts at designated lots
- VIP shuttle transportation to and from the headquarter hotel to the race
- Private heated hospitality tent near the start/finish of race
- Pre-race breakfast: Continental light fare to include but not limited to: assorted bagels, muffins, toast, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices
- Post-race brunch with select open bar (must be 21 years old with proper ID)
- Private restrooms, changing tents and bag check
- Recovery zone including padded stretching area with padded mats, self-treatment area, first aid station and massage
- Finishers merchandise and marathon weekend commemorative items for sale
Dates and Start Times
Rothman Institute 8K
Saturday, November 17, 2018
10:40 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
10:45 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
AACR Philadelphia Marathon
Sunday, November 18, 2018
6:55 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
7:00 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art
Finishers Will Receive
In addition to the give-aways from each race, each finisher will receive the Independence Challenge Medal.
*Maps subject to change