The Independence Challenge
Start off with the Rothman Orthopaedics 8K Run as a Saturday warm up for the AACR Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday.
The Rothman Orthopaedics 8k begins on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway by the Philadelphia Art Museum and takes you down the picturesque landscape of Martin Luther King Drive. If you like river views, you won’t want to miss this race along the Schuylkill River.
On Sunday even more of our beautiful city will emerge when you run the AACR Philadelphia Marathon through the Historic District. When you complete both events you will earn the Independence Challenge Medal.
Be sure to sign up for our VIP package during registration - it includes private restrooms, changing tents, bag checks, and more!
- VIP packet pick-up area at expo
- Private heated hospitality tent near the start/finish of race
- Pre-race breakfast: Continental light fare to include but not limited to: assorted bagels, muffins, toast, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices
- Post-race brunch with select open bar (must be 21 years old with proper ID)
- Private restrooms, changing tents and bag check
- Recovery zone including padded stretching area with padded mats, self-treatment area, first aid station and massage
- Finishers merchandise and marathon weekend commemorative items for sale
Already registered and want to upgrade? It's not too late! Click here to upgrade(login to Run Sign Up and go to ADD-ONS to add the VIP package to your existing registration).
Dates and Start Times
Rothman Orthopaedics 8K
Sat, Nov 23, 2019
10:40 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
10:45 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
AACR Philadelphia Marathon
Sun, Nov 24, 2019
6:55 a.m. - Wheelchairs/Handcycles
7:00 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art
Finishers Will Receive
In addition to the give-aways from each race, each finisher will receive the Independence Challenge Medal.
*Maps subject to change